The Kentucky-based National Barbecue Association (NBBQA) presents its 21st annual conference early in 2012 on the west coast. Highlights are below and additional details are here on the NBBQA’s conference website. If you are a kindred soul and like me take barbecue WAY too seriously, this event may appeal to you. Plus, there are worse things than heading to San Diego in February.
“California Here We Come!
Pack your shades and your beach towels – the National Barbecue Association is headed to sunny southern California.
- the always-popular bus tour, highlighting five distinctive San Diego area BBQ joints
- a keynote address by John Markus, executive producer for the hit TLC series BBQ Pitmasters
- an inspiring opening session including Mike Mills, featuring stories of how members of the BBQ family are giving back to their communities and their industry
- a wide range of excellent education sessions for competitors, restaurateurs, caterers and backyard enthusiasts presented by some of the country’s leading experts
- an exhibit hall with the latest and greatest products, services and foods of interest to the ‘cue community – and new this year, a BBQ Marketplace where you can shop for BBQ tools, sauces and rubs, cookbooks, accessories and more
- a BBQ Town Hall, where attendees will discuss the latest issues affecting our industry
- NBBQA’s School for Competition Cooking, taught by multiple championship winner Todd Johns of Plowboys BBQ
- The Old-Fashioned BBQ Bash, MBN and KCBS judging schools, BBQ Caterer’s Showcase Dinner & Auction, and much, much more!
Filed under: Hog Happenings |